On our walk this morning around our neighborhood, Solomon made a new friend. We were walking and when we turned this corner there standing on the sidewalk was this cute little Yorkshire Terrier just standing there looking too cute. I knew he belonged to the house on the corner but I was afraid that if I moved too fast it would run away, so Solomon took control and nosed up to the cutie and after saying their hellos the little spitfire ran back under the fence where i guess he got out in the first place. I went back to the owners front door to see if someone was home but no answer, so my next step would be to cover the whole. On terms of good luck, I had it this morning, their next door neighbor had just cut down their tree in the front yard and had these nice logs stacked up. One of these would be perfect to put in front of the fence hole. Their car was in the driveway so I knocked on the door, thinking it would be polite to ask and not just take. Unfortunately, the owner was home but was sleeping. She happens to work the night shift and I woke her up. I felt completely horrible. I should have just taken the darn log and left her to her sleep. Oh well, best laid plans of mice and men, they say. I plugged the whole with the log and Solomon and I went along with our morning walk.
I just got back from going to the house again to make sure everything was still ok. You know those terriers, if they have a mind to, they can move a mountain. Fortunately the owner was home and was very grateful for my help and thought the log in front should last till her husband got home.
I'm glad so glad Solomon and I were there to help!
No comments:
Post a Comment